Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's so funny?

I have begun to notice a very strange trend amongst some of my phone pals. When the conversation is coming to a close, we say our usual, "Okay, have a good rest of the day. I'll talk to you later", but the weird thing is that they begin to giggle. It's, as I said, weird. I didn't say anything witty or funny (trust me!) and yet three of the gals I talk to most on the phone (no Rach, not you) go, "Hhmm, hhmm, okay byyee."

What's going on here? Do they just feel like in order for it to have been a successful chat there has to be laughing involved? Is it just plain old fake-ness? Should I just say, "Um, why are you snickering? What's so funny?"

Well, that's all. Hmm, hmm, okay! Byyee!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Thanks for the reassurance. I was wondering!