Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bummed.

So, like I said before, I'm getting a van. I found it online, but it's in Dallas. My dad, who is a car guy type, went and checked it out for me and said it was great and all that so we bought it sight unseen (by us anyway). Well, one of the deal breakers we had was that the guy absolutely HAD to put leather in. Which he did. A week and a half later. So, my dad was all set to drive up here the day after Christmas anyway, so we decided he would just drive our van up and his wife would follow him in their car. Well, like I said, the leather took forever to get installed, what with Christmas and all. So, the guy told me he would try to get it ready by Friday at noon. Well, Kev and I were supposed to be in Dalhart Friday by 11. With rushing around getting everybody ready and out the dor by 9:30, I sort of forgot to call my dad or the dealer. No prob, I'll just call from my cell on the way. Wouldn't you know it, my cell was dead. And wouldn't you know it, the dealers number was in my phone and I tried every combination imaginable to remember it to no avail. I finally got a hold of my dad at 10:45 and they were already heading out of town. Then I finally got the dealers number at 2. Guess what he told me. The van was ready at 10:15! Bummer. Now I have to fly down to Dallas on Tuesday and drive it back up. Only there is a 3 month old baby still attached at the, well you know (not hip!) and so Kev has to take off work to go down with me. Oh well, we'll make it into a date. We already have yard work dates, laundry folding dates, and fall-into-the-couch-exhausted-after-the-kids-are- asleep-to-watch-The-Office-dates. Why not a-fly-to-Dallas-and-drive-our-new-van- back-to-Amarillo-in-6-hours-date. Sounds like a party.

Okay, I've vented. I feel better.

No comments: