Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Row, Row , Row Your Boat

Leave it to a five year old to have me ponder a nursery rhyme in depth. You know how I said Bronwyn is a realist? Well, my mom got Holland this decorative wall art for Christmas. I hadn't had time to put it up yet so it was just hanging on the closet door knob in the baby's room. B realized pretty quickly that if you push a button on the side it plays "Row, row, row your boat." Much to my disgrace, Bronwyn does not know all the words to that song. She was singing something like "like is color green", and then she saw that I was singing something else. I told her it says "life is but a dream", words to which I have never even given a second thought. But Bronwyn has to analyze it to death!

"Life is butt a dream? Butt's a bad word." "No honey, but like I want ice cream BUT I don't want sprinkles." "Ohhh, but. Life is but a dream?" "Or you could say, life is just a dream." "But life's not just a dream. Life is really real. That's a dumb song."

Oh, but "life is color green" makes so much more sense.

No comments: