Monday, March 2, 2009

FYI

I have posted a few times about Holland and the Torticollis and Plagiocephaly. I've become a quasi-expert on this subject and have realized that I throw around these terms without explaining them very well. A picture is worth a thousand words, so I found some that will show you what we are dealing with:Sketch, note the ear misalignment.


Same thing. Holland is actually the opposite of this, though. The bulge on her head is on the right side like the pic below. This pic is the more common plagio.

Before.


This is a pic of the Doc Band on their website. This is what Holland's band will basically look like. You can decorate them with paint or stickers.

After. This is what we are hoping to accomplish.

Hope that helps. Keep us in your prayers as I take her to Dallas* on Wednesday. They will be doing the initial consult, measurements, and scans in order to make her band. Our flight leaves at 6:30 in the morning and we will be back that same afternoon, so it will be pretty fast and furious. We will probably return the next week or so to get the actual band. I'll post updates then!

*I just realized that on my last post about this I said I would be getting a band here in town. After a tremendous amount of research, prayer, and driving my husband crazy with all my mind changes and pro/con lists, I decided the one in Dallas is the better choice for Holland.

2 comments:

bethany said...

definitely praying. and thanks for the visuals; they're extremely helpful.

amy wright said...

Sweet baby. I'll be praying for your fast and furious trip. :)